Here’s a fantastic opportunity to join our Award-Winning Winemaking team at Yealands located in the beautiful Awatere Valley.
We are a tight knit sustainability focused team which produces a selection of delicious wines and we are looking for a permanent Cellar Hand to join us. This is your opportunity to play an important part in the production of our award-winning wines!
The role is very hands on, and you will be involved in all cellar operations from grape processing through to final preparation of wine for packaging.
Along with the above, you can expect to be involved in:
· Fruit receival and processing
· Additions to wine/juice
· Wine intake/dispatch, and
· General winery upkeep and cleaning
Although previous experience is preferred, if you’re a hard worker, have a great attitude, love having fun, and have a passion for sustainable winemaking, we’re keen to hear from you!
Along with your great attitude, you’ll have:
· A keen interest in sustainability & the wine industry
· Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work to multiple deadlines
· Strong initiative, are self-motivated and work well under pressure
· The ability to work flexible hours over vintage
What’s in it for you?
· A professional team with strong ethics
· Great salary, health insurance and wine allowance
· 2 weeks paid parental/partners leave
· A day off on your birthday!
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and only people with eligible residency to work in this country can apply.
Additional to this, it is important candidates know that Yealands is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact Morgan.Potts@Yealands.co.nz, or simply submit your details and we will prioritise your application today.