If you’ve got great people skills, enjoy providing high levels of customer service, love wine and having fun, and have a positive and upbeat attitude, then read on!
Located in the beautiful Awatere Valley, (just south of Blenheim), our tight-knit team is dedicated to delivering outstanding service. We produce a selection of sustainably produced delicious wines that are showcased in our Cellar Door.
Reporting to the Cellar Door & Events Manager your primary role will be hosting visitors on site by conducting wine tastings, leading sustainable vineyard tours, hosting VIP’s, community and education groups and assisting with functions.
The position is part time, with a minimum of 18 hours per week (in the off season) and increasing to up to 30 hours per week during the peak summer period – which is right now!
It’s going to be all go when you join, so to enable you to hit the ground running, you’ll ideally have prior experience working in either the hospitality or retail industry, but if not don’t worry as we’ll train you. It would be great news if you have a Duty Managers Certificate, but if not, we can help you with this too!
Are you the right person for us?
· Attitude is important – being a positive, team player, with a sense of humour
· You’ll have a keen interest in sustainability & wine
· You'll have excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines
· With strong initiative you will be self-motivated and work well under pressure
· You must have the ability to work flexible hours and hold a current NZ Drivers Licence
· You’ll have an ability to work weekends, Public Holidays and during Christmas/New Year
What’s in it for you?
· A professional (fun!) team with strong ethics
· Great salary, health insurance and wine allowance, and
· A day off on your birthday!
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and only people with eligible residency to work in this country can apply.
Additional to this, it is important candidates know that Yealands is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.
For more information specific to the position, don’t hesitate to contact Anna.Martin@Yealands.co.nz or phone Anna on 027 220 2900. We'll be reviewing applications as they are received so submit your details online and we will prioritise your application today!